11.19.2008

Twilight

So, there's been a lot of talk about this book, Twilight, and the series associated with it, and now the movie. I've heard that the phenomenon is akin to the Harry Potter craze. As a side note: I tried to read the first Harry Potter book, but couldn't into it; I've seen one of the movies, I think. Anyway, regarding Twilight, a while ago I went to the bookstore to maybe buy it, see what all the fuss was about, and also, I have a thing for vampires. But it was in the Teen section. I decided against it for some stupid reasons, I guess, like how I was 28 not 16, and besides, I haven't read "teen novels" since I was 12. Maybe that is a snotty attitude. So last night I let go of it, and because I'm lacking things to read, I decided to go for it. How bad could it be. Grown ups are reading it too. It was a #1 New York Times Bestseller or something. It's a fat book too, so I figured that at least it might take up some of my time.

I started reading last night. And I can't quite put it down. I don't know that I would call it spellbinding. But it's a decent read so far. I figure that if it's good enough, the series will keep me occupied for a bit.

The only thing I can't figure out is why the print in "teen" books is bigger and more spaced out than in "adult" books. Do teenagers tend to have bad eyes? Can they only handle so many words per page? I don't get it, but I'm not complaining.

My old lady eyes appreciate the big print.

No comments: