11.03.2008

In other news, not directly related to kittens

It's a new week, and I've got my menu planned. The kittens are giving me extra incentive to go home at lunch time, and I shopped accordingly. Looks like a week of lean cuisines and being not quite satisfied is ahead of me. That's ok, though. It needs to be done. I've got a 40lb goal to meet by my 1 year anniversary. When I made that goal, 2 months ago, it was more than attainable. Now, though, I've set myself up for a more difficult go of it. 7 months isn't horrible, but it makes the time line a little tighter. I mean, that's almost 6lbs a month, almost 1.5 a week. It's doable, but it's going to take effort and will power, both of which I've been lacking lately. Last week wasn't horrible on the food front, this weekend wasn't great, but it was better than it has been. So, here's hoping I can get my act together, and see that scale move this week. My plan also includes nightly walks with Jack. Ha! Guess I should fill him in on that.

I've stocked up on low point snacks (turkey pepperoni and pickles for after work; frozen berries and cool whip for dessert). Yesterday I didn't have any inclination whatsoever to grab a piece of left over candy (of which we have plenty as our neighborhood is apparently not conducive to trick or treators--we had some, but not many). I'm feeling good about my plans. I've got meals done through Thursday, and I'm considering not buying any groceries next week (aside from lunch things) as I've got enough hot dogs and hamburgers to feed a small army. I'm thinking we might do that. I'm also wondering if there would be anything wrong with cooking a hamburger patty and repurposing the meat--as if it were just regular old ground beef.

I'll have to look into that, and stock up on recipes with hamburger meat.

No comments: