11.19.2008

Patience is a virtue.

And do not have patience. The last cold I had lasted for over a week. I am a grown woman with a decent immune system. The kittens' illnesses are irritating me. I somehow expect to treat them for one or two days and tada! they're well. I know logically it doesn't work that way, but wouldn't it be nice if it did?

I am seeing some improvement though. The sneezing and coughing is definitely tapering off. And while Spike won't really open his eyes much, they are not so goopy. And it seems like with Shelby, we're heading off the worst of it. I'm getting clawed to shit, right now, and have a puncture wound on my boob. Through the shirt people. I'm smearing neosporin (or the generic CVS version) all over myself just in case, too.

And even if he isn't feeling well, Spike still insists on riding around on my shoulder. I'm trying to wear several layers when I spend time with him. I know I should discourage the clawing, which I will, but it's so hard to punish him when he's sick and clinging to me like a sweet little baby.

No comments: