11.26.2008

It will all be ok, right?

So, Spike is off to the vet, again, for his eyes, again. Even the receptionist at the vet was suprised. See, he was getting better. I was excited, happy, relieved. Maybe it meant we were done with this. We could follow up with the vet, and he'd get a decently clean bill of health, and we could go on our merry way. Well, it turns out our luck is not that great.

Last night when I got home, one of Spike's eyes was swollen. I worried, but thought maybe he just irritated it a little, playing or scratching or something else these wild kittens are doing when I'm not around. I was hopeful that it would clear up quickly (and in fact, it looked better at bedtime last night), but that hope was misplaced. This morning it didn't look better. In fact, it probably looked worse.

So, off to the vet we go. I figure I have few options. If I wait on it, and go away for 2 days, I will be worried and wracked with guilt, especially if it escalates while I'm gone. And I don't want to waste my holiday worrying when it's something I just need to take care of. I'm trying not to be bitter, and really, my bitterness is just a result of being frustrated and worried.

Whatever. We're off to the vet this evening. I never brought the poop sample I was supposed to bring. Maybe I can swing that tonight. I'll probably get scolded. whatev.

No comments: