11.18.2008

Titles are Stupid (or maybe it's just me).

I am going to mention a few things, and I have nothing evenly remotely clever for a title. So you get what you get.

First, the new medicine regimen is going ok. They took the pills easily enough last night, when I had assistance. This morning, Shelby took it, no problem, because he's a fat ass and likes anything that he can put into his belly. Spike was a slightly different story. It's hard to hold a squirming kitten, open his mouth, and throw a pill down his throat. The first time, he just spit it across the room, but the second time, I just tossed it down there good! I really hope they don't hate me for this. The eye ointment is pleasing me. Don't get me wrong--I have no interest in smearing this stuff on their goopy, gunky, crusty eyes (aside from the fact that it will help them get better). But it seems to already be working! Spike was evening opening his eyes some last night. So, I'm feeling like we've found a solution. I get to smear the eyes 4 times a day, YAY! Trust me, I'm wearing gloves for that. And I feel bad, but due to Spike's apparent love of my face, I'm trying to keep my distance. I've heard that conjunctivitis can pass to other species (i.e. the human species), which means I could be at risk. So, he'll have to just live with that for the time being. It's kinda funny though to watch him figure out different tricks to get to my shoulder.

In other cat news, the rescue group emailed me asking for an update, so I gave them one. Their reply was pretty generic, but whatever.

In people news, I registered for classes last night. I'm not sure I'm 100% accepted, but the woman told me to register for this 0 credit library class, so I did, and I also decided what the hell, and tried to register for my first real class, too. So I did. Go me. I'm looking forward to it, really. Part of me dreads it, only because I know how I am, and I don't want to screw it up. But I also feel ready to do it, so I have that going for me, at least. And I've got some free time in the evenings, for sure, so I should find plenty of time to do what I need to do. That, and I feel somewhat brain dead, so hopefully getting some education will help me out on that front.

In conjunctivitis news, my eyes are slightly itchy, and are watering. I'm sure though, that it's my mascara, right? Or the fluorescent lights? Or allergies? I've been washing my hands good. I really don't want pink eye!

No comments: