11.14.2008

TGIF, right?

Yes. I'm very glad it's Friday, although they seem to be coming around so quickly these days. Time is moving at an alarming rate, I'm afraid. Still, I'm feeling pretty good today, and that's definitely a plus. Now I just need to get through the rest of the day and to bedtime without crying. I did last Friday, so let's make this two in a row!

Jack got an 86 on his math test. Go him, and many thanks to our dear Sophia for helping him get there.

What else? I'm jealously staring at the perfect bathrooms at the baron's previous residence. You can take a look here. I'm trying to figure out how I would ever be able to do that. I'm pretty sure that it will be impossible for the time being, maybe even forever with the stupid economy going down the tubes. Jack spent 30 minutes talking to me about GM and how they will be out of money in a few months. No cars means no job for Jack. Ha. I'm not too worried. People need their cars fixed, but his place of employment is still feeling the crunch. No more overtime, and they're sending the techs home. Jack says there has, in fact, been a drop off in business, as people aren't spending the money to fix things that don't REALLY need fixing. Anyway...back to the bathrooms.... I love them. And to be honest, I might totally steal the ideas. I love black and white bathrooms. The upstairs bathroom in my parents' house is black and white. Sure, the lovely blues and greens and greys that show up in expensive glass tile are great. I love them, and if I was rich, I might tile my entire house in those glass tiles. As it is though, I'm not rich, and the black and white is much more classic all around. Not like the ridiculous mint green and pepto pink that exist in my house. Check it out:







You know, some of it might not be that bad. And I'm going to try to work with it because I have no other choice right now. The thing that bugs me the most, that you can't see in these pictures, is that the pink tub in the pink bathroom doesn't match the pink tile in the pink bathroom. The tub is still obviously pink, but more toward the fleshy colored pink. If not for the tub, I could easily update and live with the pink bathroom. I could replace the vanity, the medicine cabinet, and the light fixture, slap on some white paint, and happily go about my life. Anyway...thanks to the baron for making me all discontent with my bathrooms. Also, I'm accepting donations if anyone is interested!

I have go now, so I'll spare you more whining for the moment.

No comments: