11.05.2008

Just some things.

Life is not so crazy right now in our household, aside from the rambunctious kittens taking up our time. My house is going to hell thanks to my preoccupation with those little guys. Can you blame me for ignoring house work to play with them?

I didn't think so.

We have a vet appointment for Friday evening. I think everyone is ok, but they need to get checked period, and Spike was sneezing last night. Shelby is limping a little bit, probably caused by their rowdy playing. It isn't bothering him too much. He's still running around and playing and acting pretty normal. Regardless, we'll get some peace of mind seeing the vet. I have to take some of their poo with me. Gross.

I'm so nervous and paranoid about them, but I'm also keeping my perspective. We've never really owned pets before. Sure I've always had cats and dogs, even birds, throughout my life. But they've never really been MINE. They've never been my real responsibility. It's a little stressful being the responsible one. I guess I ought to get used to it. Until then, I guess I'll just worry constantly. But I think these guys are in good health and are pretty tough, so until I hear otherwise, I'm just gonna cool it.

Other than that, no major projects going on. I think that we will try in the next couple of weeks to make some progress on our yard. We need to rake, and maybe we can rip out some of the stuff that I hate that resides in our front yard. The flower beds in the front are horrendous. I'd like to just take everything out and start over with some evergreen stuff that we don't have to worry about. But then what would I do with the stuff that is already there? I'm not really known for my green thumb, although I'm proud to report that I still have 2 living plants that I got from Ikea, and a third from work--drowned by coworkers during a lengthy absence of mine--that is coming back to life. It looks pathetic, and is just a shadow of it's former self, but I think it will recover with time.

One the eating front, I'm making some progress, but not as much as I would like. I'm hoping to have a scale victory tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it. I am, however, having little non-scale victories every day. The most important of which is curbing the snacking in the evenings (both before and after dinner). I'm controlling my snacks, or ignoring them all together. This is a very good thing.

Other than that, I got nothing. Looking forward to the weekend. It's filled with many events, but they are slowly weeding themselves out to the point I might have a happy, manageable weekend with enough time to spare to do some yard work and get my house back into the shape it deserves.

No comments: