12.01.2008

Twilight, again

I really didn't think I'd fall prey to an obsession like this. I don't really get that into too many things. I get bored easily, and my attention span sucks. That being said, I love the Twilight series. I've finished all 4 books. On Thursday, we saw the movie.

Regarding the movie, I have some issues about it. I'll leave out specifics until everyone who reads this blog, and who wants to read the books has finished with them.

Generally though, the casting was mediocre. Probably because it was a small budget film and actors that are beautiful enough to be vampires have better things to do with their time. Also, the plot changed somewhat. Not enough to really ruin the integrity of the book, but it annoyed me. And then, there's the problem of trying to fit a 500 page novel into a 2 hour movie. There is just too much to squeeze in, and inevitably some of my favorite parts got cut. The special effects were blah bordering on cheesy. Having read a few articles about the making of the movie, the budget was also responsible for this. From what I can tell, there is some bitterness from the director and others involved regarding budget cuts etc. They weren't able to film where they wanted to, and they had to compromise on a lot of things, including effects because of the lack of money.

Hopefully for the next film, the budget will be bigger. There's no way they'll be able to do some of the things they need to do without really making it cheesy.

No comments: