12.22.2008

Thirsty.

Everyone in my house is suffering from extreme thirst. Well, I am anyway. See, it's nearly impossible to sip on a glass of water (or anything else, really) when the cats are around. I have to stand at the kitchen counter and drink it all at once, or I have to travel constantly back to some place the cats can't reach, or I have to trap them in a room (or myself in a room) to enjoy a leisurely drink of water. I say water because this is basically all that I drink. Anytime they see a cup, they stick their heads in, and start drinking. I guess some people might not mind but I'll be damned if I drink out of a glass or cup that has had a cat tongue lapping at it for minutes.


I think that the kittens drink a lot of water because they only eat dry food. It is what "they" say happens. This is fine. I even bought them a small dog bowl for water because even the largest cat bowl wasn't doing it. Still, they are after my water. If I hold it over my head, they will climb my arm. If I move it around, they will follow it wherever I put it. They are not to be distracted. It is ridiculous. They are obsessed.


It started when we first got them--they drank out of a red cup. How cute, we thought. I didn't really think that it would be an obsessive sort of thing with them, but that first cup started it in motion I think. Although even if I had tried to put a stop to it then I don't think it would have done much.


The biggest concern I have regarding this fetish of theirs is that at some point, their heads will get stuck. See below:


No comments: