12.03.2008

Dreaming of Edward Cullen

"last night was the first night i dreamt of edward cullen "
me: lol
sister: im serious
me: i know
sister: i thought he was in the corner of my bed
sister: i had to turn on the light

My sister has started reading Twilight, and dreaming of Edward Cullen. To her, I say welcome. This is ridiculous really, and slightly embarassing as well. I too dreamed of Edward Cullen. In fact, I'm still dreaming of Edward Cullen, although my dreams have taken a much more sinister turn. I attribute these dreams to the basic inundation of all things Twilight. I read 4 books in 2 weeks, and saw the movie at the end of it all. Of course, since most of my free time, especially in the evenings, was spent reading the books, it's no wonder my sleeping hours are filled with images from the book worked into my life.

Listen, I know, again, that the target for Edward Cullen is your average 12-15 year old. I mean, he's only 17, and a vampire to boot. But we could tack on 10 more years to account for the fact that he's been "alive" for like, 100 years. Edward Cullen is not only beautiful, but he's smart, sweet, caring, and tortured. He's a girls dream come true.

Well.

Aside from the whole craving human blood thing.

That's just a minor detail though, considering all his other attributes. And Stephanie Meyer has done a great job in creating a character that speaks to girls of all ages, I think. And maybe, too, there's something in the purity of Edward's and Bella's love affair that takes us all back to a place that maybe we weren't ready to leave when we did.

It's just hard to get him out of your head. And if you are already dreaming of him, just you wait, sister. Because this is only the beginning. I should know. I've been there.

No comments: