12.03.2008

Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

In the form of a kitten.

See, last night, I was feeling sort of blah, and sort of restless. Jack got new mufflers, so he wanted to put those on. He said he was just wasting time sitting around, and it was a pretty easy job, especially with one of these, which makes working in the dark not so bad. I was vacillating between plopping myself on the sofa and watching the cats tear up my house or going to Target. Target is always tricky because it's rare that I leave the store with less than $100 in miscellaneous purchases, but Jack wanted some long underwear shirts, and we were down to the last roll of toilet paper. (Jack was very concerned about this fact, and dreamed up many scenarios where we might run into a toilet paper emergency if I didn't get some more immediately. I'll spare you the details.) So, basically, I had a good excuse.

I only spent $40. This was really amazing to me. I browsed for hours. Contemplated many items, but put most of them back. The didn't have the shirts Jack wanted, so I figured I had a little extra to spend on crap. I bought a tree skirt for $4.99, toilet paper, hair bands, powdered sugar for cookies to appease the baron, and a santa hat, and an elf costume for the cats. I was pretty sure this wouldn't work, but they were cute, and I was bored.

So, needless to say, it didn't work. I tried, and it was hilarious, but the cats weren't having it, and the things are sorta big for the cats anyway, seeing as how it was one size fits all (meaning adult cats, I'm sure). Mostly, they ate them, clawed at them, hid them. I put the elf collar on Spike and he flipped out. Really flipped out. Literally flipped out.

I managed to wrangle Spike long enough to get the hat on, and have Jack take a quick picture. It was no small feat, of that you can be certain.

Introducing...


Santaspike

1 comment:

the baron said...

i love santaspike.
and i love cookies.
so.
best. post. ever.