3.26.2009

I miss my flip flops.

The hint of warm weather, the longer days, the advent of spring, the coming of Easter (even though I'm not quite sure when it might be), all of these things are really getting to me. Winter is over in the blink of an eye, though it seems neverending in the middle of those cold cold weeks when you can't quite get warm and the bedsheets are always freezing cold.

I'm longing for the beach. For the warm sand and the ocean breeze and the sting of just a little too much sun on my skin. I miss my flip flops. I miss coming in out of the heat and drinking a big class of ice water, or sitting outside in the evenings with a beer and some friends.

I want to grill things, open my windows, breath fresh air instead of the stale recycled heat. I want to work in my yard and see the green green grass, or even the dandelions.

I know winter around here is mild with a hint of bitter at the worst. But I'm really not a winter kind of girl. Sure, I welcome the suprise snow storm, but only because it might get me a day off of work. What I really love is the heat. Though, ask me how I feel in the middle of August, and it may be a different story.

I'm getting the beach early this year, my friends, thanks to my dear generous sister. We are going to Key West. I know little about this place. I also know that people have said it's beautiful country down there, and that Key West is a fun place to go. I was going to tell you what hotel we were going to, but you know, internet safety and all of that. Regardless, I'll get my first beach fix early this year, and since we don't have a major house project this year (due to lack of funds and poor tax return), maybe we'll make it to the beach a little more often.

Who wants to cat sit? Or maybe we'll just take them with us, like you would a dog. I'm rather certain they are part dog anyway.

No comments: